Prism 7 Resourcing
Position: Performance Consultant
Salary: Depending on experience
The Organisational Effectiveness (OE) team works collaboratively on organisational development and business improvement to identify, design and deliver holistic interventions, that drive transformational change and ensure it is successfully implemented and embedded. The team is key in supporting the delivery of the Workforce Strategy and aiding the development of high performing teams across the organisation.
The Performance Consultant will form part of a flexible team, supporting the OE and Leadership and Talent teams. This role will be responsible for creating and delivering strategies, toolkits and activities, that support the development of high performing teams across the Council. They will be expected to use a rounded business change approach, that blends OD, change, engagement and learning and capability development to best effect. They will work with practice leads to implement critical workforce initiatives across the Council, demonstrating strong project management expertise.
This role works collaboratively across ODP, particularly with Leadership and Talent, maximising the contribution the function makes throughout the organisation, both through own efforts and by supporting the activities of other teams.
- Undertaking the design, development and evaluation of programmes and initiatives that support team performance and development, working cross-functionally and with stakeholders at all levels across the Council.
- Responsible for the provision of consultancy support to leaders, on team performance and effectiveness, in order to support the delivery of functional business plans.
- Supporting organisation-wide people initiatives, such as workforce strategy projects, organisational development and change interventions and leadership and talent development programmes.
- Delivering ‘capability uplift’ by defining and developing targeted learning and performance coaching interventions, to support team development needs across the Council.
- Providing insight, to support the identification of learning and capability development requirements, ensuring functional needs are addressed in annual people plans.
- Working collaboratively with the wider Performance Consultancy team to develop and apply tools and techniques, which relate to OD, change, learning and capability development, in order to deliver effective performance interventions and implement and/or deliver specific organisation wide programmes as agreed.
- Shaping change and transition activity across the Council, in support of organisation design work, using a blended approach to ensure organisational goals are fully achieved.
- Working collaboratively with function leaders and People Business Partnering, to evaluate the impact of performance consulting interventions on the effectiveness of teams.
- Continuing personal development in the fields of organisational development, change, leadership and management development, capability development and team coaching, to enhance professional knowledge, expertise and credibility.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills / Requirements
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Good knowledge of organisational development theories, philosophies and methods, change management and team dynamics, with demonstrable experience of practical application of these.
- Confident facilitating and delivering workshops, events or development interventions, with the ability to create engaging content.
- Strong diagnostic, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to clearly articulate messages to a range of audiences, with differing levels of understanding.
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines and successfully producing results, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong working knowledge of current business technology.
Prism 7 Resourcing are an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.